WALKER COUNTY CIVIL SERVICE BOARDThe Board meets the Second Tuesday of each Month at the Walker County Commission Boardroom at 5PM.
Located at 1801 3rd Ave South, Suite 113
Jasper, Al 35501
Chairman: Linda Ensor
Vice Chairman: Gary Davis
Sharon Tucker, Coordinator
Russell Robertson, Board Attorney
1801 3rd Avenue South Suite 212
Jasper, Alabama 35501
The Walker County Civil Service Board was created by the Alabama State Legislature as an entity separate from the elected and administrative functions of county government to perform certain responsibilities regarding the employees of the county. Their authority and responsibility include the following:
- To formulate a set of rules of supplement the law and revisions and amendments thereof.
- To act in an advisory capacity to the governing body on problems concerning personnel administration. The Board shall promulgate and as occasion requires, rescind or amend administrative regulations which shall prescribe the detailed procedures to be followed in carrying out these Rules and Regulations and the provisions of the Law.
- As provided by the Law and by Rules and Regulations to hear and decide appeals and protests of disciplinary action taken against an employee who has permanent status or who has had permanent status in another class at the time of his appointment to his present position.
- In any investigation or hearing conducted by the Board, to have the power to examine witnesses under oath and compel their attendance or the production of evidence before it by subpoena issued in the name of Board. Any employee refusing to appear or to testify shall be subject to disciplinary action as provided by the Civil Service Act
- To hold hearing on and adopt or revise the position classification plan.
- To prepare and recommend a pay plan for all employees in the classified service. Such pay plan must include for each class of positions, a rate of pay.
ABOUT THE BOARD
The effectiveness of the Service Board of Walker County Civil as a whole depends upon the cooperation and dedication of all employees working to achieve excellence in services rendered. Each employee is a representative of the Service Board of Walker County. People judge us not only by the quality of service we render but by the courtesy we display, the orderliness and appearance of the vehicles we operate, the condition of our properties, the beauty of our county grounds, the cleanliness of our offices and our behavior in our positions. Each employee contribution to the success of the Service Board of Walker County is extremely vital.
Persons interested in applying for any Civil Service job with the Walker County government can do so by picking up an application at the office of the Civil Service Board on the second floor of the Walker County Courthouse Annex, located at the corner of Third Avenue and 18th Street in downtown Jasper, Alabama. This office is open Tuesday through Thursday weekly.
Entry is by written test, advertised in the legal section of the Daily Mountain Eagle.
For More Information Call (205) 384-7248
To download a copy of the Civil Service Board Rules and Regulations:
Civil Service Rule Book